Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Crock Pot Taco Soup





Ingredients

1 pound lean ground beef (cooked with the onion)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 c water
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
14.5 oz can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can V8 vegetable juice
1 c chopped celery
1 c sliced carrot
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
2 tsp dried basil
1 bay leaf

Add all ingredients to a crock pot and cook on low for about 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.

Discard bay leaf before serving.

Our Review

I wasn't thinking this would taste as good as it did.  I went back for more.  The V8 had me worried and this was a bit tomato-ey but it wasn't bad.  I made it a second time and added beef broth in place of half of the water.  It also needed to cook longer than 4 hours both times.  I think it ended up being about 6 hours.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment