Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Philly Chicken Sandwiches



Ingredients

1 large sweet onion, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
3 chicken breasts, sliced
2 tbs Dale's Steak Seasoning ***
salt and pepper
sliced Mozzarella cheese
Hoagie rolls

Add the onions, peppers, chicken, steak seasoning, salt, and pepper to a slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.  Serve on hoagie rolls with a slice of cheese on top.

*** I could not find this seasoning, and while I was going to look in other stores or create a "copy cat recipe" I ran out of time and ended up adding asian BBQ sauce that I had in the fridge.

Our review

It could be blamed on the seasoning, but I wasn't totally impressed.  It tasted fine, but definitely not like a Philly Chicken sandwich.  In fact, don't those usually have chicken cubed pieces?  Anyway, I would try it again with some tweaks on the seasoning, but I'm not in any rush.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment